Friday, December 22, 2006
So I am doing a load of laundry yesterday and happen to sit down to watch a little t.v, rare since we don't have many channels, and I hear a loud thump, thunk, crash...I go rushing out to the washroom to find my washer literally walking across the room! It was not a slow walk it was a run! The soap drawer has flown out of the washer and spewed yellow-orange fabric softener all over the room! It looked like the washer had some projectile vomiting! There is water running all over the floor since it has walked away from the drain and all I can do is hit the power button! I cannot move the machine because it's full of clothes, there is fabric softener all over the floor and I have to go and pick up Jordan in 5 minutes! I made a frantic call to the front desk, I am sure they thought I was psycho, ranting about the dryer and stating that I needed help. Then I left! I came back about 4 hours later and found a very peaceful scene in the washroom...a nice neat washer, no fabric softener on the floor and a clean fresh smell. The smell was from the softener they washed off the floor! Today, I can report that my washer did not move across the room...it actually just performed it's job, thank goodness! No, in all honesty I think there is something wrong with my washer since it always seems to be off balance, no matter how little or much wash seems to be in there. And it is a front loading washer, they are supposed to balance themselves out, at least I thought they did. Hopefully, I will not have anymore problems. There was one plus to the experience, they fixed my door. Now when we shut the door it doesn't slam shut...it makes a slow gently click! I am sure my neighbors are happy they don't have to hear that "slam!"
Just a few more days to Christmas! We walked down Orchard tonight and then back to great world. It is about a kilometer away so it made for a nice walk. it did start to rain, but it wasn't until we were just about home. Here is what is odd about living here...we were in shorts, eating ice cream with all the oddest looking Christmas decorations! Let me see if I can get some pics loaded...seems to be working. This is the banner that is across Orchard Rd at Scotts, it is the big intersection that really marks the beginning of the shopping area. Sorry about the plant, I am a bit short! 
The entire road is gilded in gold...it is quite a site to see! Here is another shot..
I can just imagine what Chinese New Year will look like, should be neat!
Have a good one!