Friday, December 15, 2006
Holiday Celebration at Singapore American School 2006
Mrs. Eide' Class .jpg)
I sure hope that blogger is cooperating tonight because I have alot to talk about!
Last night Jordan and I made cupcakes for his class party today; it was a learning experience! Jordan was trying to crack the eggs one handed, he can't do it without cracking the shell into pieces, so as he was "helping" I was saying, "uh, no stop...don't get...awww." Yes, he added a large enough piece of eggshell to the batter and I had to throw it out and start over! Did I mention I only had 4 eggs??? We managed to get the cupcakes finished and to bed around 10:30 or so. Well, Jordan was asleep by 10:30; I think I fell asleep around 1am.
Then today Jordan had his holiday celebration at SAS. I am still amazed they are allowed to have such a celebration; but, I am grateful for it! Santa visited the class and each child had a chance to say hello and give him a slightly used or new book to donate to a local orphanage. The kids have quite a few opportunities to donate money, time or goods to charities in Cambodia, Indonesia or Mallaysia, it is very nice to see them giving to others in different ways. Jordan has raised money by doing extra chores for a group in Cambodia this holiday season. He was so proud of his 10 sing contribution. ok, back to the party...Santa visited and the kids each received a little stuffed animal. It was alot of fun!
Then a long drive in the rain for Jordan's playdate. It took me over an hour to get back from the school, I felt like I was back at home in Houston traffic again! short playdate until 6, dinner at Burger King with Drew, Morgan and Nicole and then home. Now we are waiting for Larry to arrive from Thailand. His plane is supposed to land around 11 and we will leave here around 10:45, I am not sure that Jordan will stay awake for the ride but he said he wanted to try!
We don't have much planned for the weekend but I would like to find a few more Christmas decorations. I think I am finally getting into the spirit, just a week before Christmas!!! Jordan's shopping is completed; but, I have no idea what I am going to get for Larry. Besides a couple simple things that I had delivered to my parents.
Oh, and speaking of shopping!!! I am so frustrated with trying to buy gift cards and things online! I have tried and keep getting kicked out or cancelled for some reason. I finally just cancelled the orders I had online and started from scratch, hopefully I will be able to get them to work eventually. If not, I will be sending Chinese New Year gifts instead of Christmas gifts. That may actually be a little more fun for everyone back home!
Here are a few pictures from today:
meeting Santa (that's Drew behind Jordan):a.jpg)
Making a candy cane ornament with Hana:.jpg)
I think he likes her!
cupcake mess:.jpg)
And to top off the holiday! Jordan's teacher Ms. Eide is getting married on Tuesday in Phuket! The kids are all so excited for her and really like her fiance Jeff. They are having the marriage celebration in Phuket but they officially got married yesterday here in Singapore. She was so cute!
Here is a picture I made for her Christmas present from the kids:
The class gave them couples spa packages at the resorts they will be visiting while on their honeymoon.
ok, that's it for tonight! Have a great day!
Gig-em