Friday, October 27, 2006

Cuddly Koalas and Huge Kangaroos!

On our second day in Perth we decided to take a drive to the Cohula wildlife reserve. It is one of the few areas where you can actually hold a koala...the Aussies are particular about their koalas. The also have kangaroos, emus, turkeys, peacocks, lots of birds and echinadas that you can hand feed. They had other animals too, I just cannot remember all of them right now. But the big attraction was the koala and kangaroo area. Jordan was too small to hold the koala so Larry held the koala for the picture. I don't think he was disappointed...he still got to touch it.

After the koalas, we headed for the kangaroo paddock. I had no idea they were so HUGE!!!!! One stood up next to Larry and it was as tall as he is, maybe taller! After a little hesitation Jordan started feeling brave and would walk right up to the big ones to offer them some food. Thank goodness most of them were lying down.

Jordan feeding the kangaroos, this is the small version!


Cute Koala...



I took over 300 pictures, in 4 days, so I am sure I will be posting a few more in the coming days...keep checking back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment