Thursday, August 03, 2006

School Visit

Well, yesterday we took Jordan to his new school for orientation. I have to say it felt weird being on the parent end of orientation insead of the teacher end. The campus is very large...like a small college, and very nice. We didn't see his classroom but we had a tour of the facilities and Jordan took off with the counselor ahead of the group and us! The only thing I thought was odd or a little concerning was the security. It really hit me that we are in a foreign country and as Americans we or our children could be targets; let me explain.

As you enter the complex you pass through security where your car is inspected and you have to check in. Then you proceed onto the campus where you pass a police officer who is in full battle gear including the machine gun! Yes, a machine gun. I was stunned and it was then that it really hit me! Oh well, we have metal detectors at some of our schools so how is this really different? I just have to keep telling myself that!

The only other thing that worries me about the school is the distance from GWC it took us 30+ minutes to get to his school...I need to work on the subway system here so that I can make my way up there if I need to go and get him.

Ok, well that's all for now. Jordan is wanting to go to the kids lounge...think game room and playground with cool toys!

blog later! D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment