Monday, July 31, 2006

Stinky!!

We have had our first encounter with the infamous Durian fruit. Sunday we went over to Carrefour to see if they had a better selection of cold and dry items as well as pick up a couple of other items. I really like Carrefour, it is very similar to a super Target, but I don't think I will be going back anytime soon. They sell durian in the produce section and if you don't know what durian is...here is a clue to the stench! It is banned in many hotels, shops and the subway system here in Singapore.

I had always heard that it smelt like a dead animal and I can honestly say that is not what it smells like. It smelt alot like a spoiled fruit...it's really hard to explain. But the real kicker is that the whole second story of Carrefour and the produce area smelled very foul! I was surprised that Jordan didn't make any comments about the smell but whew, I was ready to get out of there.


If you want to know more about the durian check out this link: http://www.ghouse.com/daniel/durian/index.html.

I cannot upload pictures right now but I will add some as soon as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment