Friday, July 28, 2006

Dad asked me the other day what we had eaten since our arrival here in Singapore and at the time all I could say was spaghetti, hot dogs and normal food. Well, not so anymore!! Yesterday we went with some friends over to the hawker market to try our first real singapore eating experience. We had no idea what half of the stuff was so Larry and I decided to try a stand that had a very long line waiting for food. We waited in line while the cook toiled away and we caught up on some newspaper and magazine articles about this man's food. All the reviews were very positive and stated that this was one of the must have items while in Singapore. One book even had it on their 100 must have items in the world (it was an Aussie book). Well, I am attaching a picture for you all to see. It was very tasty but very rich. The only thing we know is that it had cockles, noodles, egg and who knows what else in it.
I am not sure if I would order it again if I went back. Now, if I could just find a really good mexican resturant here I would be set!