Sunday, August 06, 2006

Another week...



Wow, we can say that we have now been here 2 weeks! We are adapting to city life! It is very different here than in Houston. At home we would just run to Target or the mall in our car if we needed anything, here we live above a mall and a grocery store!
At home we would go out to eat and it was usually one of those things that added up at the end of the month, we knew we should cook at home but it was easier to go out to eat. Here...well, it is less expensive to eat out! Food is very expensive compared to what we had at home. A small bottle of maple syrup is 9 sing here and it will last 2 weekend breakfasts...and 9 sing is about $5.50 US, for a bottle of syrup!!! I have been wanting some strawberries to make a spinach strawberry salad but at 8 sing for a 1 pound package, I think I can wait! But, if we wanted to go out to eat sushi...we can stuff ourselves for 20 sing!! That's about 12.00 US!

Even though it is less expensive I am making an effort to cook at home when possible But, I can always be persuaded to go to a hawker stand or the fish market for a meal!

I didn't post pictures from our outing last weekend to Sentosa Island so I am posting a couple today. We went to the aquarium with some friends and the kids had a good time checking out the exhibits. We didn't see the whole island so another trip will be required. Next time, we would like to swim with the PINK dolphins if we have time.

I will work on more pictures as well as maybe one or two with me in them! I know a couple of you are waiting for my pics! Have a good one! D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment