Saturday, August 04, 2007
Look what we found!!! 
Well, we are finally back in Singapore and settling into a routine. It's nice to be back; even though, I am finding that I have some adjusting to do again. I find that I have lost me ear for the asian accent that we hear here everyday, I am constantly saying, "pardon" to have everything repeated to me. But, I know it will not be long before I pick it back up again.
It's a busy time for us here. Jordan starts school on the 15th and will soon find out who his teacher will be next year. I believe we have the first open house on Saturday and then a parent conference the following Tuesday or Wednesday. He is getting excited about going back to school and seeing his friends...I know I am! Next week, he will be in tennis camp on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Wednesday he will have friends over to visit and then on Thursday, we will all be home since it is National Day here in Singapore. Larry will not be working so I am hoping we do something fun during the day and then watch the parade on TV that evening.
Ok, here are the long awaited pictures of Indonesia. We went with Terri, Kevin and Neill and had a great time. Here are a few of Jordan's firsts:
1. Banana boat ride and first wipe out!
2. Jet ski ride.
3. He tried his first raw muscle...not a fan of raw shellfish!
4. Swim with the dolphin experience.
There are a few firsts I am not allowed to share with anyone other than Larry... Jordan was a bit embarrassed by them. Needless to say it was alot of fun and really easy! Bintan is just a 50 minute ferry ride away from Singapore and while it is in Indonesia, it may as well be Singapore. (Singapore leases the land from the Indonesian government)
Here are a few pics...(Neill is the one with the longer blonde hair, Kevin has short blonde hair. I think you know the dark haired one!)
This is one of the locals that hung around the pool,I almost stepped on one. The monitors were living in the rocks around the pool and would come out to sun themselves during the day. 
The boys had a good time in this pool, I think the pool is what really got us to stay at this resort. 
As a treat, the boys swam up to the pool bar and ordered smoothies...CHEERS!
There was plenty of time to lay on the beach or bury themselves on the beach. 

Stop for the picture...
I am sure the day will come when Jordan will not want me to take anymore pictures...luckily, he is still willing to stop and pose for me. Kevin and Neill were good sports about it too!
This was fun, the resort had this big chess game and a chutes and ladders game outside the resturant. Every night, and most mornings, the boys would go out and play a few games while we watched. They would take turns using the odd man out as a pawn on the board. It might be nice to have one of these in our yard....
The dolphin encounter was really neat. Jordan and Neill got right in there and were not scared at all; I thought Jordan would be a little apprehensive...guess not!! Kevin was a natural and had the dolphin doing tricks between learning the new commands. 
Showing the dolphin the command to wave. 
Here are a few pictures of the village we drove to and the ferry we took to dolphin cove...
Jordan got off the boat and told us he needed to use the restroom...the taxi driver looked at me and shook his head. You know it's bad if the locals say no to a toilet in the area!!! That led us to one of Jordan's firsts. We had to stop on the side of the road so he could go to the restroom. He was so embarrassed! Kevin and Neill thought nothing of it so it didn't end up being a big deal for him. 


Well, blogger doesn't want to cooperate now, guess it's telling me to stop adding pictures!! Or it's time to go to bed = )
I will post more pictures later...goodnight!
D