Saturday, November 01, 2008
Have you ever seen thousands of people trick-or-treating in a 6 block area? Have you ever helped hand out over 5K pieces of candy and still have people wanting more and you have to turn them away? What about corporate sponsors for said trick-or-treating? Well, I can tick those things off my lists...tonight we went to the Woodlands to trick-or-treat with friends and all I can say is "HOLY SCHMOOLY BATMAN THAT IS A HUGE CANDY BAG!!" There were so many people there, I was amazed...there were little ones in super cute costumes, medium ones in scary and cute costumes and then occasional 60 year old asian ladies asking for their candy. Yes, 60 year old asian ladies trick-or-treating!! We were floored. As for the candy, I am not sure you can ever really have enough for this night. For those of you who don't know, the Woodlands area is known as a huge "American" expat community. It is close to the school and many families choose to live there to make it easier on the kids. Well, I had heard stories about Halloween in the woodlands...things from kids coming home with pillowcases full of candy to families flying in 10K pieces of candy and running out. So tonight was a treat for us...and a shock! Bottom line, we will go to the woodlands for Halloween next year...it was that much fun.
Later, D