Thursday, November 23, 2006

What a crew we were! You could just see the other ex-pat faces with all those darn Americans down by the pool! We had a great time, had lots of food and ran for cover when it rained! Yes, it poured! We were hoping to keep the rain at bay until we had a chance to eat but it started right in the middle of the meal and continued for about 1.5 hours. It was ok, the kids had a blast swimming in the rain. Jordan said it was the life....
eating in the rain:
Seriously, we had a great time with our new friends here in Singapore. We invited 2 families from the UK and they were so impressed by the food. They tried it all and found some things that they would like to make for themselves. I have never heard anyone rave about green bean cassarole! Or ask what was a yam? And since it was pot luck, they brought some things for us to try also.
We all hung out around the pool for a few hours then retreated back to our homes for some much needed rest.
We did have a slight catastrophe...no gravy. I had made a huge pot of gravy so that we wouldn't run out. ( I hate running out of gravy) Well, it felll off the grill and landed all over the patio area. So, all that hard work ended up on the ground. I was so dissappointed!
I hope you all had a great turkey day!