Sunday, November 19, 2006
ok, I am having one of my "homesick" nights right now. It happens every now and then...I guess it is just a part of being an expat. I was in the elevator yesterday and a woman came in with 2 dogs, I instantly thought of Kiki and missed him terribly. He is the best cat in the world, and Jordan loves him very much. He gets upset at the thought of Kiki having to take the long car ride back to Houston when we get home. That is not what I fear...I fear that our sweet little Kiki, who will be 15 in December, will not be with us when we go back to Houston beacause he is in heaven with Missy. But I dare not tell Jordan this. So here I am missing my cat... And praying that he has several good years left in him.
Here is a picture of Kiki with Kassie, my parents schnauzer. 
What else do I miss? Friends...I received a present from Houston the other day and I could not look at it all. The girls knew how much I wanted to be with them at CKU, a scrapbooking convention, but was unable to attend since I am here. They took a picture of me, I am sure that was hard since I do not pose for pictures, and put my face on a stick! Then when they were taking pictures of things and with people, they put me in the picture and made me a little album! I started to cry! And can't help but cry now...my friends back home are like my sisters...I miss them. I just hope they know that a day does not go by that I don't think of them.
Now please don't get me wrong...I love the opportunity we have been given. I don't regret the choice we have made. But, I miss my friends and my cat! I am making some great friends here and I hope/think that they will be friends that we keep in touch with over the years. We will know people from all over the world and will have some great reasons to travel!
Ok, on to other things!
Betty arrived on Saturday morning and we have kept her running every since. Hopefully we will have some down time this week before Thanksgiving so that she can catch up on her sleep. Jordan was so happy to see her and he just loves having her here! Maybe tomorrow, we will go to chinatown to look around a little. I will load some pictures as soon as I can of our adventures here.
bye...