Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wednesday...

Well, we had a great lunch yesterday and I had a nice quiet dinner at home. We have so many birthday cakes around here that I am sick of cake...well, not really but it sounded good right? Today I had mandarin class and I have to say it is getting really painful! It is just a matter of trying to translate sentences with the words we have learned so far. I can speak some, but to put sentences together is taking a very long time. And now, the book we are using is all in Pinyin and characters so it is a challenge to decipher the text. I am not sure I can keep going to class. I have told my friends that I think this class will be it and we can work on our own later. They agreed and will help me with my Spanish...surprisingly, 3 of my friends here all have lived in South America, peace corps, or are from South America. They are anxious to work on Spanish with me since it gives them a chance to practice. We'll see!

We also to go to the school today...no, Jordan is not in trouble! He had a concert today and it was really nice. They sang several songs and played some instruments for the parents. He was very proud of himself as well he should be! I think that tomorrow is wacky hair day and then friday is pajama day...goodness knows what he is going to wear on Friday! I have not downloaded the pictures from today but will do that soon. I am staying home tomorrow so that I can do a few things:
1. Laundry- I can never keep up with that tiny machine!
2. Grocery shopping- the frige is bare and I just think it's easier to go to the hawker for dinner...and cheaper too!
3. Scrapbook- yes, I have a ton of pictures to work on. I have only a couple of Hong Kong pages done and need to get on this project!
4. relax!

We have another busy weekend planned and hopefully we will get some down time. I am glad that Jordan likes to play sports, but it gets old driving up to the school what seems like each weekend all year for sports. I will be glad when we are done for the year.

Here are a couple of pictures you may not have seen:
The floating market in Bangkok:


Jordan snorkeling in Indonesia:



Jordan and his friend Kevin after the Stella Luna play:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment