Saturday, October 04, 2008
How do I update 4 months of time in just a short little blog? I am not sure it's possible but here we go...
June:
- We fly home to see family and friends.
- I notice there are some cracks outside (around the foundation) and figure, hey...it's covered under warranty and I will just have them come and look at it. If it needs to be fixed they can fix it, it won't cost me anything.
- Foundation estimator comes out and looks at the house and gives me the bad news...we need internal piers and the external piers need to be adjusted.
- They start the work because we are in a time crunch to return to Singapore.
July:
- They finish the work just before the 4th and give us more bad news...we have a leak in the drain system under the house.
- They try to fix it...
- They find another leak and try to fix it...
- They find another leak and the only way to be sure it is all fixed is to re-route the entire drain system.
- Oh, yeah...we had internal piers that failed probably because the leak under the house that was found by the previous owners was not fixed! Even though we have receipts that say it was fixed.
- We are unable to live in the house for over 2 weeks.
- All furniture, carpet and wall art is removed from the living side of the house.
- Huge 4 foot wide hole is in located in the master bathroom.
- no kitchen, washer, dryer and only 1 toilet for 4 days.
- They finally finish the work after we change our tickets back to Singapore 2 times.
- We make the decision to sell the house after spending what amounts to a brand new fully loaded full size car on a house we didn't live in.
August:
- House on the market August 1st.
- Contract within a week.
- We fly back to Singapore and negotiate...don't even get me started on that!
- Jordan goes back to school.
- Loves his teacher.
- I try to organize a house in Singapore that I have only been in for 1 week.
- Furniture shopping is a nightmare!
September:
- I fly home to pack up the few things we still have in the house.
- I sign the closing paperwork.
- Hurricane Ike is moving into the Gulf.
- Buyers cannot get insurance because of several things but mostly the hurricane.
- Houston evacuates...I fly out to Seattle.
- I watch the hurricane hit the Galveston/Houston area from Seattle hoping that the house is either destroyed or untouched. I didn't want anything in between.
- House is untouched, just lots of limbs in the yard and the fence is down where the neighbors tree fell on it.
- We are back on for the sale of the house.
- More inspections...fence has to be fixed even though it's not ours to fix.
- We bought an accessory kit for the car...
- September 30th...house finally funded and is no longer ours.
Lessons learned...way to many to mention. But, we are still dealing with issues from this summer and probably will be for a very long time.
Oh...and more in September:
- We have a 4 legged baby in the family now. Her name is Ryleigh and she is a Golden Retriever. She has a very sweet personality and only occasionally becomes psycho -puppy!
- I started working 2 weeks ago. I am subbing at the school and it is really nice to be back in the classroom. I have been working in the primary school and they are so sweet. Just like 7th graders just sweet and not as opinionated! Jordan enjoys having his "mom" at the school and rides in with me instead of taking the bus.
- Oh yeah...while I have only worked 4 days in the past 2 weeks, I could have worked 10! I am not ready for full time work, I think 4-5 days a month is plenty for now.
- Larry is in Malaysia and will be there until November.
- My Dad was here visiting for the F1 races.
Now it's October and we have a busy month ahead of us. Jordan is on Fall break and since we have a puppy, we will be staying home. We may try to visit Larry later in the month but I am not sure it will work out. Then there are parent conferences, and holidays in the mix.
Ok, it is now 9:30 PM and I am about to turn into a pumpkin...but first here is a picture. This is the first page I have scrapped in over 3 months.
Maybe now I will be able to create a few pages and finish some projects.
Picture removed to edit...
I will write later...D.