Sunday, October 19, 2008

Elections

The conversation was something like this:

(The debate is on the tv as Jordan begins his conversation)

 

Jordan:  mom, can I change the channel?

Me: no, I need to watch this to hear what the candidates have to say.

Jordan:  ok, but I would vote for Obama.

Me:  why?

Jordan:  because he would be the first (whispers) dark skinned president. is it ok to say dark skinned? 

Me: yes, it's ok.  But Obama is African American.

Jordan: oh, ok...but I think he should be president.  It would be a great thing for him to be the first. 

 

It was an interesting conversation.  We talked about how you have to vote for the person who you think will represent what you believe.  Oh, and just FYI...the general thought on the SAS campus from what I have heard is that the kids all think that Obama should be president. 

 

I found this on another blog and thought I would share...

 

More later.

 

D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment