Monday, April 21, 2008

update on the talent show...

So the verdict is "NO, I will not be participating in this talent show." He said no to the girls and apparently the boys that had agreed, have backed out since Jordan is not participating. Such drama for little boys!
Then...some friends have moved into great world from the states while they look for a place to live. Well, they have a little girl who is in another class with Sabrina. Their little girl is friends with both Jordan and Sabrina and is acting as the go between Jordan and Sabrina! She gets text messages and passes things on to Jordan! Yesterday, Sabrina called while Hannah and Jordan were playing to talk to Jordan!! Hello...this seems so middle school to me!! Last night, Jordan said to me, "in middle school I can date...lots of people in middle school date." I said, "no, you cannot date in middle school." I think we are in for a rough ride in a couple of years!!

Ok, on to other things. I have to get my mind off my little boy dating!!
Bangkok was a lot of fun! I found several things I would like to go back and get when I have the luggage space available! We went to the market on Friday and bought a few items...it was very empty compared to Saturday. I even found a Buddah that I really liked, I didn't buy it but I liked it. I told Larry that we will have to go together so that we can pick up some stuff to decorate the house with later. Oh...I did buy a monk bowl. What is a monk bowl? Well, it's not the prettiest bowl in the world but is is unique. It is a bowl that is used by the monks each morning as they collect offerings. Mine is hand made by this man along a river...trust me, it was interesting! Most monk bowls are machine made and this man makes them completely by hand. Larry was pleased with this purchase because he watched a show that talked about the bowls while I was in Bangkok. I don't have a picture right now but will take one later to share with you guys.
Let's see...hmmm, we had some great food while we were in BKK, we ate Thai every meal except breakfast and I have to say that I have had my fill for a week or so. Our first meal was in Silom village, a touristy area with lots of shops. But the food was definitely hawker style and catered to the working people in the area. We had large plates of Pad Thai with shrimp for 45Baht. Which works out to be... $1.45 US.

I didn't take very many pictures while we were there, but I will post what I can. I do have this picture of legs...



I will load more pictures soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment