Saturday, September 16, 2006

Good Morning Vietnam!

Ok, I know it sounds silly to use a Robin Williams line but hey...I am in Vietnam and if you read this in Houston today it will probably be morning for me.

We have made it to Vietnam and are checking out the sights in Ho Chi Minh City. Vietnam is a hustle and bustle of scooters and cars all blended into a random road experience. How can I describe it? Well, in Mexico they drive a little crazy and take a few liberties with the rules of the road. Here they drive like they are on Steriods! I have some pictures but cannot load them since I am using the hotel computer. As soon as I have a chance to download them I will!

Jordan is having a good time, although he is a bit impatient while we visit the sights. I know that in the future he will have some pictures and memories to recall but for now, the history is lost on him.

Yesterday we visited the war museum. It used to be called the American and Chinese War Atrocities Museum but it's now just a war museum. It was very somber. Those of you who have been to the concentration camps in Europe can understand. I knew I was not standing on sacred ground but you could not help but feel the pain these people suffered. I am not taking sides in any way, but it was pretty intense. They do not hold back on the pictures or memorabilia they present.
I do have a couple of pictures, I will download them later also.

Ok, that's all I have for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment