Monday, September 11, 2006

Vietnam Embassy

Well, we are taking our first trip out of Singapore this weekend. We are going to Vietnam! This is going to be interesting if the embassy is anything of a precursor to the experience!



We arrived at the house, after our taxi driver drove around, I actually had to call someone to look up the address for us since he had no idea where it was. When we arrived, we could not believe that this house was the emabassy! The US, British, Thai and Australian embassies are rather nice and well kept. Not so with the Vietnamese embassy, it looked very run down, no AC and had chickens running around the front yard!! Yes, chickens! Dad took a picture of one that was under the chairs by the front entrance, I will try to get it to post later. Well, we paid our 70 sing and then went back later to pick up our passports. We leave on Friday...I am a little apprehensive and excited. Hopefully we will have some taxi drivers who speak English, I hear that many do not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment