Saturday, September 09, 2006

Wet Market


With dad being here I have ventured out a little bit and finally made it to the wet market. I have heard people talk about the market since we arrived but it took 6 weeks before I finally made it there. Knowing that foods are 4-5 times more expensive at the market it is amazing that it took me so long to ge to the wet market. It was really interesting! The fruits and vegetables are so much less than cold storage and the fresh meat...well, I don't think I will be getting meat but the fruits and veggies are good. Why no meat...well, the meat is outside and not always refrigerated. I don't know how they don't get sick but I am not willing to risk it. The reason it is called a wet market is because the floors are wet and the food is fresh, off the boat or farm. I took a couple of pictures while I was there. I hope this gives you an idea what its all about. I will definitely be going again to stock up the refrigerator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment