Friday, May 23, 2008

So much going on...

This week has been a whirlwind! This is just a quick update...

Jordan has 2 more weeks of school and he is super excited about going to Houston this summer. He has asked about participating in some soccer camps and I have found 3 that I think we are going to sign him up for. One is the usual British Soccer camp that he attends each year and absolutely loves! The others are with the Bay Area Soccer Association in the Clear Lake area and the last one is with the Houston Dynamo. Since he has declared that his sport of choice will be soccer, we have decided to pursue more "hard core" opportunities for him. Not that we want him to live, eat and breathe soccer...but here it's a much more aggressive and hard core sport than it was in the States. Ok, back to the camps...the Dynamo camp is specifically designed to help him learn his position better. They also have a camp for goalies...although, Jordan doesn't like to play goalie. Who can blame him? I wouldn't like soccer balls whizzing by my head either!

Hmmm...school...2 weeks left and here is what he has scheduled:

23rd- student lead conferences, these were today and I will post pictures later. He was so proud of his accomplishments and is doing very well in Mandarin! I actually had the opportunity to finally hear him hold a conversation!!! = )
24th- baseball
25th- birthday party for a friend
27th- field day
29th- zoo field trip
30th- birthday party sleepover
31st- baseball and birthday party
2nd-hand over of house, start moving items in
5th- last day of school
6th- move into new place
12th- fly back to Houston

In all this running around for Jordan, I still have to:
Pick out furniture.
Attend Mandarin class.
Chaperone field trips.
Photograph field day.
Get cable, internet and mobile phone accounts set up.
Pack a few things, we cannot pack it all since the movers will do it.
Organize our US trip.

Oh and did I mention that I cannot do much of this without Larry? I guess it is the same in US for resident aliens, I cannot open anything without that little stamp in my passport that says "employment pass". Oh well, I will do what I can!

As for the move, we drove by the house today and it looks good! I have figured out the bus routes so I can get into town and to the local grocery via the bus pretty easily. It will be nice to have the bus stop at the end of the street if I don't have the car everyday. Other than that, we are still waiting on so many things. I hate not having any control over my life! We have to wait for the company to tell us when we will move, what our phone number will be and a few other things. Oh well, at least we will be able to move into a larger place and be closer to the school!

Larry is doing well. He will be going to Bangkok next week to close out the financial end of his project. Then he is looking forward to taking some much needed time off. I do have to tell you about his latest thing.
He and some coworkers are looking for Singapore's best hamburger!! He has a blog and hopefully should start blogging about his adventures really soon. It's been interesting to hear his stories about finding the perfect burger...he has many, many more places to visit before he gives a place the title!

Ok, I will sign off for now and post some more later tonight or tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment