Thursday, May 08, 2008

Happy Birthday Larry!




Blow out the candles!





Happy Birthday Larry!!! We had a family celebration on Tuesday for Larry's b-day and he choose a chocolate cake with white icing...I was not going to attempt the infamous red velvet cake this year! So, since we had chocolate cake...guess what kind of cake I get for my birthday??? You guessed it, chocolate with white icing leftovers!! = )
That's ok, I am not a huge cake person, I would much rather have pie!

So Tuesday Larry took the day off to help look for places to live. And I think we have a place, we are waiting for approval from the company.
It is a corner terrace house that was the show home for the townhouse development. It has never been lived in and has some upgrades that we are excited about. It is on the corner and we have a YARD!!!! That is a good thing and a bad thing here in singapore. We are excited because the place has a patio and a rooftop terrace where we can have a patio set and a grill. The bad part is we have to hire a gardener! I am not sure what it will cost to hire someone to cut/weedwack the tiny patch of grass we will have. Jordan actually choose this place over the other one we had picked out. Why?? He would rather have a dog and a yard than have a pool. So here are a couple of pictures.

Can you see the tiny patch of grass?



The house has 5 bedrooms on 3 levels...lots of stairs!!
Oh...and we asked them to add a few things just for us and they agreed:
1. We wanted a built in oven...yes, that is something you have to request because most homes do not come with ovens here.
2. Full US sized washer and dryer!!! WHOOOO HOOOO
3. US sized 2 door with water and ice dispenser refrigerator!!! I am so excited about the icemaker!!!!

Now the hard part begins! I have to figure out our furniture needs as well as everything else we will need in the house on a super tiny budget!
Oh well, it will be nice to have our own place again.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment