Sunday, February 01, 2009

Bumps and Big Bruises

I can say that the last few days have been filled with many bumps and some really big bruises.  First, a few of the bumps.  We are going home, back to Houston and a slew of things to do.  This move back home has been filled with turmoil for me.  I am sad, we all are sad that our grand adventure has come to an end.  Jordan is sad and worried about making friends.  I know in my heart he will do fine.  He is an outgoing child who makes friends easily.  I worry about his transition back into the US; heck, I worry about my transition back into the US.  We have changed, there is no doubt about it.  I would love to figure out a way to make a life overseas again, who knows it may happen.  (not holding my breath) If it doesn't happen, I know we will be traveling the region a bit more and saving for the trips we were unable to make while living here.  Ok, I need to move on from this bump because I am strong right now, the more I dwell on this, I begin to cry and think of all the things I will miss and I don't want to go there right now. 

Second bump and lots of bruises!  We have been riding our bikes quite a bit lately and it is really fun to get out and ride.  Until yesterday!  We went out to East Coast Park and as we rode along, Larry and Jordan passed a group of 3 boys.  I was a bit behind them because traffic was insane. Larry saw these boys racing on the path weaving in and out of people and thought it was an accident waiting to happen.  Yep, it was...as I came over the bridge, one of the boys sideswiped my bike and I took a tumble.  I have huge bruises on my arms, knees and legs.  I have not had strawberries this large since I was little.  I hurt!  Luckily, I was wearing a helmet and didn't hid my head as I tumbled.  It was a good lesson for Jordan on the importance of staying in control of your bicycle and wearing the appropriate gear.  And....to top it off...the kid never said anything...nor did the father who gathered them up!!  The bright side was the help I received from the joggers and others who were standing in the area.  I had help immediately!  Ugh...they ride bicycles the way they drive and the training starts early!!!

 

Jordan took pictures of my knees and I will post them later, I need to get some Aleve in my system soon!

 

Dot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment