Thursday, December 11, 2008

My life

Jordan thinks that I stay home and watch tv all day long; and while it's true that the tv is on in the background, I have a small list of things to do each day.

Here is my day:

  1. laundry-this is an everyday chore around here since we all go through at least 2 sets of clothes per day.
  2. sweep the floors-with a dog, the floors are always dirty and they drive me insane.
  3. mop the floors- ok, I don't do this everyday just every 3rd day.
  4. vacuum floors- yes, the floors are vacuumed after sweeping since the broom doesn't pick up the dust bunnies.
  5. clean the kitchen
  6. grocery shopping- I feel like I live at the store!
  7. organize household maintenance- pest control, hit list items that still need to be completed, a/c service and paying the bills.
  8. organize our vacation itinerary.
  9. walk the dog.
  10. work on dog training.
  11. work on learning photoshop.
  12. work on photography lessons.
  13. substituting at the school when they call.
  14. class mom stuff.
  15. PTA stuff.
  16. and the list goes on!

 

Speaking of photography, today I played with my 50mm and 10-17mm fish eye lens.  What do you think?

ryl3 

so sweet, I love it when she is resting and lets me take pictures.

 

IMG_0272 

Can you see Larry in the catch lights? She was watching him as he waited for a taxi.

IMG_0298

Another thing I am working on besides the list above are actions!  I really love playing with them to get different effects. 

As I was searching for new actions I came across these web sites:

http://www.mcpactions.com/ 

there are some nice freebies on this one as well as some for sale.

The next site is:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/10/20/the-ultimate-collection-of-useful-photoshop-actions/

this one has several freebies that I think are great!

I have a few other places for actions but for some reason I cannot get to my favorites.  So, when I can link them, I will!

 

D

2 Comments:

  1. Jan C. said...
    Heheh. Not that long ago I did a post on my blog about the same topic. Seems like I said that I was sure my kids thought I spent the day eating bonbons. Stinks, doesn't it? I think the problem is that whatever ones does to cook, clean, launder, or shop gets undone almost immediately, so it can look like nothing has been accomplished. But we know better, don't we?!!!
    RT said...
    I absolutely love the paw shot!

Post a Comment